ASU-Searcy provides high quality education for students of all ages in White and surrounding counties. ASU-Searcy is located at 1800 East Moore Avenue in Searcy. Please call 501-207-6205 or email email@example.com to contact Student Services, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the ASU-Searcy Administration Office.
When ASU-Searcy opened its doors in 1966, it was then known as Foothills Vocational Technical School. It consisted of 17 employees and seven programs. Foothills was primarily an educational opportunity for persons who could not or did not want to attend college. In 1991 the name changed to Foothills Technical Institute due to Arkansas legislation. July 1, 2003 Foothills Technical Institute merged with Arkansas State University-Beebe and became Arkansas State University-Searcy, a technical campus of Arkansas State University-Beebe.
The emphasis on the Searcy campus is technical and occupational programs and workforce and economic development. Most programs at ASU-Searcy lead to a Certificate of Proficiency or a Technical Certificate within that discipline, however, all technical certificates can lead to an associate’s degree for those wishing to pursue that level of education. ASU-Searcy includes various non-credit continuing education classes offered throughout the year and classes offered by the ASU-Searcy Adult Education Center with campuses in Beebe, Heber Springs, and Searcy. ASU-Searcy also operates a Regional Career Center offering programs for high school students in the surrounding areas. Many high school students qualify for concurrent credit (receive both high school credit and college credit for completing one college credit class).
ASU-Searcy draws students from a variety of backgrounds. Some already have college degrees, but need to be updated on current trends in their fields, especially in technology. Sometimes students enroll as the result of a career change, or just to pick up a new skill through a continuing education or night course.
ASU-Searcy is constantly adapting to strengthen working relationships with business and industry in the area. ASU-Searcy offers specific training curriculum designed to meet the needs of area business and industry is scheduled as needed and offered on the Searcy campus or at the business location.
- Air Conditioning (credit or non-credit; day and night program)
- Auto Body Technology (credit program; concurrent students)
- Automotive Technology (credit program; concurrent students)
- Diesel Technology (credit program)
- EMT/Paramedics (credit program; night program)
- Floor Hand Training for the Gas and Oil Drilling Industry (non-credit)
- Health Information Assistant (credit program)
- Industrial Electronics (credit or non-credit; day and night program)
- Computerized Machining (credit program; concurrent students)
- Office Occupations (credit program)
- Pharmacy Technician (credit program; concurrent students)
- Practical Nursing (credit program)
- Welding Technology (credit or non-credit; located at ASU-Heber Springs and ASU-Searcy campuses)